Since receiving approval to open our representative office in Shanghai in 2014, AdvaMed’s presence in China has grown to include seven full-time staff members in Shanghai and Beijing. Ms. Lynn Jiao, based in Shanghai, has served as Executive Director of AdvaMed China since 2013 and manages an efficient team of regulatory, market access, government affairs, and public relations specialists.
Our China office frequently organizes meetings of members in China. It also engages with key PRC government stakeholders to ensure understanding of, and compliance with, Chinese laws and regulations and to advocate on the association’s key priorities. There is close coordination and information-sharing between our China office and AdvaMed headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Address of AdvaMed’s Shanghai Representative Office:
About the China Board
In 2013, AdvaMed established a China Board comprising the senior-most business leaders of AdvaMed member companies in China. The China Board is a key advisory body for the association’s China work and holds biannual meetings. Board members often represent the association at key meetings with Chinese policymakers.
AdvaMed members with a presence in China may join the China Board by contacting Ms. Ashley Miller to provide the name of their senior-most business leader in China. The China Board has an Executive Committee of 11 individuals who are nominated and selected in accordance with AdvaMed governance procedures.
AdvaMed Member Groups
List of groups managed by AdvaMed headquarters (meetings are conducted in English):
- China Payment Working Group
- China Regulatory Working Group
- China Volume-Based Procurement Subcommittee
- China IVD Working Group
- China Code of Ethics Task Force
Non-exhaustive list of groups managed by AdvaMed’s China Office (meetings are conducted in Chinese):
- China Market Access Task Force
- China Regulatory Affairs Task Force
- China Quality Assurance Task Force
- China IVD Task Force
- China Reputational Task Force
- Volume-Based Procurement Core Group
- China Government Affairs Heads Salon
- China Market Access Heads Salon
- China Regulatory Affairs Heads Salon
- China Quality Assurance Heads Salon
- China Medical Affairs Heads Salon
To learn more about AdvaMed’s China work, please contact:
Executive Vice President, Global Strategy and Analysis