AdvaMed Announces Medtech Industry’s “Medical Innovation Agenda for the 118th Congress”
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, AdvaMed, the largest global trade organization representing medical technology companies, released the medtech industry’s “Medical Innovation Agenda for the 118th Congress.” These policy priorities would advance AdvaMed’s goal to help usher in a new era of health care innovation on behalf of all American patients.
“America’s medtech companies continue to lead the world in medical innovation, improving lives and patient outcomes through accurate diagnostic testing, and safe and effective treatments. As we look to the future, the medtech industry is ready to strengthen its critical leadership role in meeting the needs of patients—we are ready to roll up our sleeves and work with the 118th Congress on policies that will prioritize and improve the lives of every patient in America, every time they need access to care,” said AdvaMed President and CEO Scott Whitaker.
“Many of the policies here enjoy broad bipartisan support, and if all of them were passed by this Congress and signed into law by President Biden, both the short- and long-term impact on patients not just here in the U.S. but around the world would be tremendous.
“As members of both parties in both houses of Congress look for opportunities to work together on how best to improve our health care system, they really need to look no further than our Medical Innovation Agenda. We look forward to working with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle and with the Administration to find common ground on these important issues on behalf of patients.”
The medtech association’s Medical Innovation Agenda includes legislative and policy proposals related to the following areas:
- Patient Access to Breakthrough Medical Technologies
- U.S. Medtech Industry’s Global Leadership Position
- American Medtech Supply Chain Resilience
- Patient Access to Accurate Diagnostic Tests
- Next-Gen Medtech Innovation Through America’s Start-Ups
- Strengthening the Regulatory Process to Ensure Latest Medical Technologies Reach Every Patient
- Closing the Care Gap for Underserved Communities
- Protecting Sterilization Processes in Order to Protect Public Health
- Ensuring Tax Law Keeps Pace with Medtech Innovation
Learn more about the specifics of the agenda and how it will benefit American patients, innovation, and the medtech economy here.