Partnerships and Opportunities
With nearly 300 small and mid-sized medical device, diagnostic, and digital health company members, AdvaMed Accel provides members with opportunities for strategic networking and business development and strengthens the voice of startups and growth stage companies on policy and advocacy issues impacting innovation in medtech.
AdvaMed Accel partners with the following organizations whose programming drives early-stage innovation in medical technology. Through these partnerships we engage the next generation of device, diagnostic, and digital health companies in membership and advocacy.
Medtech Innovator – a nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies. Medtech Innovator accelerates the growth of companies that are transforming the healthcare system. AdvaMed hosts the Medtech Innovator Finals competition at The Medtech Conference and provides complimentary membership to the companies in Medtech Innovator’s annual US and Pediatric programs.
StartX Med– a medical vertical of StartX focused on accelerating the development of Stanford’s top medical entrepreneurs through experiential education and collective intelligence. AdvaMed applauds StartX Med’s focus on community and its support for founders across the entire innovation life-cycle. StartX Med founders received significant discounts on AdvaMed membership dues.
Focused Ultrasound Foundation – created in 2006 to improve the lives of millions of people with serious medical disorders by accelerating the development and adoption of focused ultrasound, which is an early-stage, non-invasive therapeutic technology that could transform the treatment of many medical disorders. Through an ongoing partnership with the Foundation, AdvaMed welcomes multiple focused ultrasound companies as members.
Academic Affiliate Membership
Building on the University Technology Transfer Best Practice Guide, which demonstrates effective linkages between university technology transfer offices and medical device companies, AdvaMed Accel welcomes spin-out companies from leading academic institutes to engage in membership. Interested academic institutions are encouraged to contact [email protected] or [email protected]
- Stanford University: SPARK Global
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: KickStart Venture Services
- Tulane University: Office of Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Development
- Upstate Medical University: Central New York Biotech Accelerator
AdvaMed Accel maintains close relationships with a variety of public and private organizations that offer opportunities for fundraising, networking, and business development.
- Federal Grant Funding – the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs offer highly-competitive grants and contracts to small businesses for research and development projects. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and the Department of Defense (DoD) each have SBIR/STTR programs that actively fund projects in the medical technology industry. The AdvaMed Accel SBIR/STTR Information Guides provide member companies with details on these programs and resources for applicants.
- MassMEDIC IGNITE – a virtual accelerator program designed to nurture and support medtech start-up founders with opportunities for networking, mentoring and pitch honing; access to financial, legal, and regulatory experts; and opportunities for cash and service prizes. Ideal companies include those that are developing a regulated medical device and have secured $1M or less in funding to date.
- Medtech Color – an organization that aims to build a cohesive community of leaders of color in Medtech, increase the number of underrepresented executives who enter and stay in the industry, and drive thought leadership.
- Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium – a consortium of industry, academia, and the nonprofit sector collaborating with the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC) to accelerate the development of medical solutions that prevent and treat injuries of America’s military and veterans.
Join AdvaMed Accel
Enjoy full access to AdvaMed’s member benefits and resources, as well as dedicated support and advocacy for small companies.