About AdvaMed Advance®
AdvaMed Advance® is an industry convener aimed at unlocking the power and potential of all talent and driving innovation in medical technology through achievement of the best inclusion and diversity practices.
The goal is to support the creation, maintenance, and expansion of inclusion and diversity strategies within the medical technology community.
Drive innovation in medical technology by becoming the industry of choice for diverse talent.
Convene industry to develop, adopt and continuously evolve a measurable framework for advancing inclusion and diversity that is applicable to all members.
What It Is and What It Isn't
What It Is
A journey to create a sustainable and inclusive culture that leverages the full potential of the industry’s talent.
A roadmap to help members understand where they are and assess where they can focus next.
A community of peers and other resources that can help guide the journey.
An evolution, designed by industry thought leaders and wholly member-driven, that seeks to improve upon each success.
What It Isn't
A checklist – Sustainable change cannot be achieved through one-time programs.
One size fits all – An organization must create its own plan based on its own strengths and priorities.
A rush – Authentic behavioral changes that will be meaningful and take time.
A human resources challenge – Broader sponsorship by all business leaders will result in biggest success.
AdvaMed Advance® Inclusion and Diversity Playbook
In collaboration with Deloitte Consulting, AdvaMed recently completed it’s first-ever Inclusion and Diversity member survey with 120 members participating. Using the survey results we have developed an industry activation Playbook available to all current members of AdvaMed. The playbook includes examples and tools to help our members progress their I&D framework based on where help is most needed.
AdvaMed members can view the playbook.
Members on AdvaMed Advance®
Hear from AdvaMed members about the vision and mission of AdvaMed Advance®.
What We're Reading
- Harvard Business Review discuses how critical including staff in your inclusion and diversity plans is to the successful execution of those plans.
- This Forbes article explores the challenges for LGBTQ staff to truly feel at home at work.
- 8 Common Mistakes When Creating an I&D policy
- Microaggressions and how to move forward
- Addressing racial injustice must include mental health
- This research inspired Women In Bio to start their boardroom ready program.
- McKinsey’s latest research based on data sets from 366 public companies.
- This article explores just how diverse an interview slate should be to make a difference in your recruitment of diverse talent.