AdvaMed Resources for Crisis in Israel and Gaza
In light of the ongoing violence in Gaza and Israel following the attack by Hamas, AdvaMed has launched this page to keep members informed of opportunities to support impacted communities and deliver medical supplies and equipment where needed. We will continue to update this page as more information and resources become available. For any questions, please reach out to Abby Pratt ([email protected]).
Medical Supply Donations
We don’t yet have concrete guidance on medical equipment and supply needs. At this juncture, the State Department encourages interested businesses and parties to make financial contributions which can be more efficiently deployed.
Members looking for local partners to support financially should consider the following third-party organizations recommended by the U.S. Chamber foundation:
- Jewish Agency for Israel – North American Council is giving immediate aid to those whose homes were directly hit by rockets and supporting the injured and evacuated to hospitals as well as families of the deceased.
- American Friends of Magen David Adom have launched an urgent appeal to financially support Magen David Adom (MDA). MDA, also known as the Red Star of David, is the Israeli National Society that is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. MDA provides emergency medical and blood banking services in Israel.
- Jewish Federations of North America are responding, working with its core partners to support victims of terror, help rebuild damaged infrastructure, and address the unprecedent levels of trauma caused by this horrific attack.
- United Hatzalah launched an emergency appeal to raise funds for desperately needed supplies to provide its volunteer EMTs, paramedics, and doctors with the equipment they need to save lives and the protective equipment to keep themselves safe. The goal of the campaign is to raise $20 million to equip an additional 1,000 United Hatzalah volunteers with protective vests and helmets, oxygen tanks, defibrillators, trauma bandages, and tourniquets.
- Sheba Medical Center is a comprehensive hospital in Israel that collaborates with health centers around the world to develop groundbreaking techniques and life-saving treatments. The Goldhirsh-Yellin Foundation is partnering with Sheba Medical Center to match every dollar donated.
In addition, members may want to consider the following efforts to aid impacted communities in Gaza:
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency: UNRWA was established in 1949 to provide humanitarian assistance and protection to registered Palestine refugees in the Agency’s area of operations. UNRWA is urgently seeking US$ 104 million to enable its multi-sectoral humanitarian response over the coming 90 days. The requested funds will cover the urgent immediate food, non-food, health, shelter and protection needs of up to 250,000 persons seeking safety in UNRWA shelters across the Gaza Strip and another 250,000 Palestine refugees within the community.
We will continue to update this list as more information and resources become available.
Medtech POV Podcast
Subscribe to Medtech POV with Scott Whitaker, a podcast covering the intersection of medtech and policy from every perspective.