Drive innovation in medical technology by becoming the industry of choice for diverse talent.
Convene industry to develop, adopt and continuously evolve a measurable framework for advancing inclusion and diversity that is applicable to all members.
What It Is
- A journey to create a sustainable and inclusive culture that leverages the full potential of the industry’s talent.
- A roadmap to help members understand where they are and assess where they can focus next.
- A community of peers and other resources that can help guide the journey.
- An evolution, designed by industry thought leaders and wholly member-driven, that seeks to improve upon each success.
What It Isn’t
- A checklist – Sustainable change cannot be achieved through one-time programs.
- One size fits all – An organization must create its own plan based on its own strengths and priorities.
- A rush – Authentic behavioral changes that will be meaningful and take time.
- A human resources challenge – Broader sponsorship by all business leaders will result in biggest success.
What We’re Reading
Industry Resource Partners
MedTech Color is envisioned to be the destination for leaders of color in the life-saving medical device industry. We have three objectives: (1) Build and support a community of decision makers (2) Increase the number of people of color who enter and stay in MedTech as founders of companies and practitioners within the industry (3) Add value to the MedTech industry through thought leadership.
MVPvets aims to assist and prepare transitioning military veterans for meaningful employment in life science companies. With new health applications, and innovative consumer products being discovered and created daily, opportunities to support the science, technology, engineering, mathematics or business functions of life science organizations are vast. MVPvets brings veterans, mentors and employers together, through job matching, one-on-one mentoring, online learning and on-the-ground career-building endeavors.
The Scientist Mentoring & Diversity Program for Medical Technology (SMDP MedTech) is a year-long mentoring program benefiting baccalaureate and graduate students from racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in the MedTech industry, including Hispanic Americans, Pacific Islanders, African Americans and Native Americans. Attending students are interested in careers in the medical technology industry. Scholars are paired with industry mentors who are executives at medical device, medical technology and consumer health care companies.