AdvaMed's Women's Executive Network and MassMEDIC's Women in Medtech are co-hosting the 2017 Women's Executive Network Conference. Across this unique one-day event, we’ll feature a range of executives from across the medical device and corporate world to discuss various issues pertaining to gender diversity in the leadership and executive ranks across our industry. We welcome men and women from across medtech to participate in this highly interactive and discussion based event. Suggested attendees include medtech professionals who are in leadership positions and serve as Directors, VPs, and in the C-suite across their organizations.
New to this year, we are inviting attendees to bring along a rising female staff member from their organization to learn, network, and participate in the conference. Please note that this individual must attend with their company leader and not in their place. Once registered, email email@example.com with the name, title, and contact information of your +1 rising leader and she will be registered.
The goal of AdvaMed's Women's Executive Network (WEN) initiative is to promote and cultivate female executive leadership across the medical device industry. WEN aims to integrate women leaders from member companies into AdvaMed’s work and to support the medical device industry as its companies emphasize elevating their women executives to senior leadership positions through webinars, in-person events, LinkedIn, and other opportunities. WEN advocates for women to have a voice where decisions are being made by addressing key issues facing female executives in these industries and identifying effective career management strategies. To learn more about WEN, click here.
This event is co-hosted with MassMEDIC's Women in Medtech:
Agenda topics include:
- Negotiation for Your Business
- Negotiating for Your Career
- Creating a Successful Diversity Program at Your Organization
- MedTech Industry Challenges and the Effects on Your Career
- Working Globally & Remotely
- Securing Your Board Seat
- Female vs Male CEOS
We'll also feature a "speed networking" breakout session within the program for all attendees to participate in and get to know one another.
Agenda (click link above for detailed agenda)
|8:00am||Registration Check-In and Continental Breakfast|
|Welcome and Introductions|
|8:30am||Challenges and Strategies Facing MedTech Today|
|Negotiating for Your Business|
|Negotiating for Your Career|
|Creating a Successful Diversity Program at Your Organization|
|Lunch Plenary Session - Medtech CEOs & Investors: Leadership Differences (and Similarities) between Male and Female CEOs from the Eyes of the Investor|
|Working Globally & Remotely|
|Securing Your Board Seat|
|Company Leadership and Governing with Female vs Male CEOs|
- Michelle Axelrod, Vice President, Porzio Life Sciences
- Foaud Azzam, Partner, Life Sciences Partners
- Tracy Palmer Berns, VP, Ethics & Compliance, Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, Medtronic
- Nicole Boramanand, Chief Executive Officer, Translation Health Consulting, Inc.
- Nancy Briefs, Board Director, MyndBlue, Former CEO, InfoBionic
- Cathy Burzik, CEO, CFB Interests
- Christine Horton, Vice President, DevicePharm
- Deb Karstetter, Leadership Development Coach and Facilitator, The Leadership Edge
- Deborah Kilpatrick, Chief Executive Officer, Evidation Health
- Tracy MacNeal, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development, Ximedica
- Lynne Nauss, Board Director, Klox Technologies, Former Senior Executive, KCI
- Gabriele Niederauer, CEO & President, Bluegrass Vascular Technologies
- Maria Palasis, President and CEO, Arsenal Medical and 480 Biomedical
- Claire Pomeroy, CEO, Lasker Foundation, BD Board Director
- Susan Posner, Partner, Health Advances, LLC
- Brenda Ruiz, Principal Consultant, Diversity & Inclusion, Boston Scientific
- Kate Rumrill, President and CEO, Neosync
- Martha Shadan, President and CEO, Rotation Medical, Inc.
- Maria Shepherd, President, Medi-Vantage
- Tara R. Shewchuk, VP, Ethics & Compliance, Medtronic
- Amy Siegel, Founder, S2N Health
- Beth Staub, Group Compliance Officer, Global Quality and Operations, Stryker
- Nancy Travis, Vice President, International Compliance and Governance, AdvaMed
- Gloria Yee, Director of Marketing, Hospital Wearable Defibrillator, ZOLL Medical
- Darshana Zaveri, General Partner, Catalyst Health Ventures and Interim CEO, Lantos Technologies
25 Edwin H Land Blvd,
Cambridge, MA 02141
AdvaMed Member Registration: $595
MassMEDIC Member Registration: $595
Accel Member Registration: $395
Government and Non-Profit Registration: $395
Non-Member Registration: $695
*Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for MassMEDIC member discount code to use during registration
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations must be received via email to email@example.com. Cancellations received 10 business days or more prior to the start of the program are eligible for a full refund. There will be no refunds for cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the start of the program, including "no shows".
We welcome substitutions in lieu of cancellations at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the substitute's registration information. All cancellation refunds will be processed within 30 business days from date cancellation request is received.
Topics and speakers are subject to change without notice. AdvaMed reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any program, and the full registration fee will be refunded or applied to the rescheduled program in accordance with the registrant's preference. In the event of cancelled programs, AdvaMed assumes no responsibility for transportation, hotel, or other expenses incurred by registrants.
WEN Supporters and Sponsors for the 2017 Women's Executive Network Conference include: