Companies are strongly encouraged to adopt AdvaMed’s Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. Medical technology companies, both AdvaMed members and non-members, may participate in the AdvaMed Code of Ethics Certification Program and display the AdvaMed Code of Ethics Logo.
Certification requires a company's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), or other senior individuals with equivalent responsibilities, to sign and affirm that their company has agreed to abide by the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals ("AdvaMed Code") and that they have implemented policies and procedures to implement the AdvaMed Code as part of an effective compliance program. Once certified, a company may display the AdvaMed Code of Ethics Logo to represent their commitment to effective compliance programming and ethical interactions with health care providers.
A company submitting a certification attests that:
- The Company’s leadership is familiar with the AdvaMed Code and knowledgeable about the Company’s compliance and ethics program.
- The Company’s officers, employees, and agents are required to abide by the AdvaMed Code for all interactions involving U.S. Health Care Professionals;
- The Company has communicated the provisions of the AdvaMed Code to its dealers and distributors with the expectation that they will adhere to them;
- The Company has made the AdvaMed Code available on its public website and has made compliance contact information available to be shared on AdvaMed’s web site;
- The Company agrees to respond to requests for information from its compliance contact; and
- The Company has adopted the AdvaMed Code and implemented an appropriately tailored effective compliance program related to interactions with U.S. Health Care Professionals, which includes training and education among other elements.
To download the 2020 Certification paperwork for Members, click here.
To download the 2020 Certification paperwork for Non-Members, click here.
For a list of Certifying Companies, click here.
For Compliance Contact Information for certifying companies, click here.
Logo License Agreement
Any company that has certified to the AdvaMed Code of Ethics may display the Code of Ethics Logo on print or electronic media to represent their commitment to effective compliance programming and ethical interactions with health care providers. For example, licensees may print the logo on annual reports, promotional material, business cards, stationery and conference banners and signs.
The Logo may not be used in a manner or associated with text that implies that AdvaMed has endorsed or approved a licensee's products, technology or individual compliance plan or practices.
Companies seeking to use the Logo must sign a nonexclusive license provision. AdvaMed retains the right to revoke this License for a Company’s failure to abide by the terms of this Logo License Agreement.
You may find and fill out the Logo License Agreement Form within the final pages of the Code Certification Program paperwork.
Download the 2020 Certification paperwork for Members.
Download the 2020 Certification paperwork for Non-Members.